Wednesday 18 November 2009

You Can't Stop the Beat


Something occurred to me. No actually a few things occurred to me whilst I was stood in the kitchen, cooking, washing up, hanging out the washing and singing along to my favourite songs from the motion picture soundtrack to hairspray:

1)Women are good at multi-tasking.
1a)Men probably are but have never thought to try
1b)For some reason, I'm in a very sexist mood.

2)Germaine Greer would be disappointed at my domesticity.

3)Snow White is probably rolling in her grave at the sight of me.

4)You can't please anyone most of the time.

And most importantly

5)World leaders and people on suicide watch should be made to watch musicals, Thus bringing about world peace and showing people who are at the end of their tether that a good old song and dance will probably make things better... Unless you're watching Lars Von Trier's Dancer in the Dark. Don't do it.

In other news, I have decided that with no musical experience whatsoever and a disregard for rhythm, I, Christiana Brockbank vow that I will one day write a feature film of the musical genre. It may not be The Wizard of Oz, it may not even be the horror hybrid that is Grease, but it will be mine. And on the off chance it is bearable, I can die happy. And even if it's not, at least I will have made them laugh....

I'll leave you with a very memorable moment from Singin' in the Rain. Should be 'Make Em Laugh,' but this bit's even better. Just watch those feet go.

Take it away boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment